HIPAA Training Focus Of Special Audio Conference On CD-ROM
Manasquan, N.J. — To assist managers responsible for developing staff training and education plans and programs, "Developing HIPAA Awareness and Training Programs For Your Staff," sponsored by HIPAA Bulletin for Management, a special audio conference is now available on CD-ROM.
# # #
The program is the result of suggestions by health and managed care executives who have participated in previous conferences as a needed "next step" in assuring that their organizations adapt the work-a-day "cultural" changes necessary to come into compliance with the HIPAA requirements.
The 90-minute program come with a question and answer session and conference handout materials.
Program presenters are Russell Taylor, director of educational services for the Global Healthcare Division of Covansys and Kathleen LePar, senior consultant with Beacon Partners and they cover:
- How to develop a variety of education techniques, such as classroom-based, computer-based and intranet training methods;
- How to educate all employees about HIPAA and medical privacy and how it affects their jobs, setting up a schedule for periodic reminder sessions;
- Being proactive for efforts;
- Specifics on implementing training;
- Who should be trained;
- What a covered entity must provide in training that meets the HIPAA regulation requirements;
- Timing and training requirements for members of the covered entity's workforce and new members; and
- Documentation requirements of the training.
For organizations to achieve compliance, anyone who comes in contact with protected health information (PHI) needs to be educated about HIPAA compliance procedures, HIPAA experts say. Because HIPAA will entail an ongoing effort, education efforts need to be ongoing as well.
More information about "Developing HIPAA Awareness and Training Programs For Your Staff" is available online at: http://www.healthresourcesonline.com/edu/hipedu.htm.
"Developing HIPAA Awareness and Training Programs For Your Staff," an audio conference on CD-ROM costs $189 and is available from the Managed Care Information Center, 1-800-516-4343, fax 1-888-329-6242, or from leading bookstores. Secure orders may be placed online at http://www.healthresourcesonline.com/edu/hipedu.htm
For additional information about MCIC, contact The Managed Care Information Center, P.O. Box 456, Allenwood, NJ 08720; call toll-free (800) THE-MCIC, fax toll-free (888) FAX-MCIC, e-mail email@example.com, or visit http://www.themcic.com.
For more information contact The Managed Care Information Center, 1913 Atlantic Avenue, Suite F4, Manasquan, NJ, 08736, toll-free telephone 1-888-THE-MCIC (1-888-843-6242), fax 1-888-FAX-MCIC (1-888-329-6242), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or online at http://www.themcic.com.
Back to List of Releases