MCIC's Web Site -- www.themcic.com -- Ranked "Best Managed Care Web Site"
Manasquan, N.J. -- The Managed Care Information Center (MCIC) is proud to announce its Web site -- www.themcic.com -- was named the "Best Managed Care Web Site of 1999" by Managed Care Connection, the online Managed Care Megaguide.
# # #
In addition, MCIC also received content awards for the online version of its "National Directory of Managed Care Organizations" (Directories category), which is located at http://www.themcic.com/mcic_db.htm, and its "Managed Care Market News" section of the Web site (Managed Care News category), which is located at http://www.themcic.com/industry/mcmn.htm.
"We're thrilled that Managed Care Connection rated www.themcic.com as the ‘Best Managed Care Site,'" said Joseph Schmidt, Webmaster for MCIC. "We revamped the site last spring -- redesigned the look, feel and layout of the site. Since then, we have put a great deal of effort into adding new features to better serve our visitors' information needs and make the site easier to navigate."
Some of the features MCIC added to the site during the last 12 months include:
- Managed Care Stories of the Week -- three full-length articles on current industry issues;
- MCIC's e-Healthcare Selection -- an article specifically dedicated to the booming e-healthcare industry.
- "Managed Care Weekly Watch" -- a free, e-mail newsletter that links subscribers to new content at the site;
- The "Managed Care Question of the Month" -- an online survey that allows managed care and other healthcare executives to voice their opinions on "hot topics";
- A Search Engine -- designed to allow users to locate information and navigate the site with greater ease;
- A "What's New" section -- featuring new products and services offered by MCIC;
- Links to product descriptions and online order forms at MCIC's online bookstore, www.healthresourcesonline.com; and
- ManagedCareMarketplace.com -- an online catalogue of vendors and suppliers that offer products and services to managed care and other healthcare companies.
"We're honored to have received this recognition and look forward to further improving the services offered at the site," Schmidt said. "Future plans for the site include an expanded section designed to assist reporters, speakers and researchers, as well as a section that lists job opportunities and lets healthcare executives post their résumés."
For more information about Managed Care Connection's 1999 Web Site Awards, as well as a list of award winners, visit http://www.managedcareconnection.com.
For more information contact The Managed Care Information Center, 1913 Atlantic Avenue, Suite F4, Manasquan, NJ, 08736, toll-free telephone 1-888-THE-MCIC (1-888-843-6242), fax 1-888-FAX-MCIC (1-888-329-6242), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or online at http://www.themcic.com.
Back to List of Releases